Salsa Resort Langkawi
Category: Budget, Location: Pantai Cenang
Although it can not be called a resort, it is a nice budget hotel located within 3-minute driving distance to the Cenang beach. You can even walk down to the beach in about 25 minutes, but walking back after dark can be risky because the sidewalks are quite bad and non existent at places.
The hotel was open in 2015 and therefore relatively a new construction in this area. The hotel is located on one side of Jalan Pantai Tengah road with a fairly large porch and parking area. It's a single building with several floors and looks unassuming from outside. But rooms are nice and clean.
If you are looking to stay in a nice budget hotel which is a bit away from the crowded beach area while located at an easy driving distance from the beach and all the attractions of Cenang area, then this hotel can be a good choice. Ideally you should have a car or scooter on rent for easy mobility.
Salsa Resort, Langkawi
Photo: Salsa resort
Rooms & Amenities
Deluxe rooms for two with Queen size beds or King size beds and family rooms with two double beds for four persons are located across four floors of the building. There is an elevator but you need to manage your own luggage. Usually there is no staff to give you a hand with the luggage after check in or check out. But the check in and check out is done quite efficiently by the reception staff.
If you get a front facing room, then you can view the Jalan Pantai Tengah road below, village huts across the road and mountains at a far distance. Overall the view from the windows of front facing rooms are nice. But I prefer the rooms with back side view. You wake up to a wonderful view of the lush green paddy field with mountains and small village huts far away.
Photo: Salsa resort
All rooms are nice, well maintained and spacious. They have basic amenities like air-conditioner, flat screen TV with limited channels, and free wi-fi which works well. The attached bathrooms have hot & cold showers, but the showers are not isolated and would wet the floor. There is no electrical kettle or mini fridge in the room. If you need kettle you can ask for it. They will provide if available.
Photo: Salsa resort
There is no in-house restaurant in the hotel and breakfast is not provided. Earlier they used to offer simple local breakfast. However there is a Malay restaurant on the opposite side of the road and several others within a walking distance. But it is better to bring back some snacks, fruits and provisions when you are getting back to the hotel from the main town.
The lobby is small with a few sofas. There is a vending machine at the lobby with cold drinks. There is a designated smoking area, rooms are all non-smoking type. They also offer tours, assistance with taxi transfers, car and two-wheeler rentals etc. There is enough parking available.
What we like about the hotel
1) Although a bit away from the beach, the location is convenient if you have a vehicle. You can walk down to the beach and shopping area of Cenang in about 25 - 30 minutes. However on hot day this can be very exhausting. Once in the main Cenang area, there are numerous shops & restaurants. several attractions like Underwater World are within, walking distance or short drive away.
2) The staff are generally friendly and cooperative although their communication skills are limited.
3) The view of greenery and mountains from the back side rooms are wonderful and refreshing.
What can improve
1) Staff can hardly speak English. They need to improve in communication.
2) There is only one electrical socket in the rooms. However you can ask for an adapter with multiple outlets. They usually provide that.
3) Since not much options are there for food in or around the hotel, they should at the minimum provide breakfast so that guests won't have to worry about it first thing in the morning.
4) Sound proofing of the rooms are poor. You can clearly hear your neighbors giggling or talking. The front rooms can have noise from the passing traffic.
How to book this hotel
If you want to book this hotel through World's No.1 online hotel booking service (booking.com) that offers lowest rates & immediate confirmation, then Click here to book
2436 Kampung Temoyong, Mukim Kedawang. 07000 Langkawi, Pantai Cenang.
Phone: 04 955 6668 / 013-3600668
The hotel is about 20-minute drive from the airport and located at the southern end of Cenang on Jalan Pantai Tengah road.
Share your experience.